Thursday, October 25, 2018

Conference Week

It was fantastic meeting with all of you this week.  Thank you so much for participating in parent teacher conferences.  It was great getting to know you a little better and sharing all the great progress your children are making in Kindergarten.

High Frequency Words (snap words) came up in a number of the conferences.  Here are the current snap words we know.
a
the
me
like
see
I
my
look

And here is a link for ideas of practicing these words at home.   I will be sending off a list of the words for the year to our district print shop for you to practice at home.  Look for that in the next week or two.

Math:
We are starting 3D shapes next week in math.  As you walk around the house point out cylinders, cubes and spheres! 

Writing:
As we work on True Stories we use this checklist to see if our writing is easy to read.  As I mentioned at many of the conferences, it is an exciting time in the classroom to watch writers develop.  I am seeing the students use more sounds in their words and add details to their stories. 


Thank You!
Our class earned the PIZZA PARTY for having the most donations to the Fun Run!  You all are awesome!  I don't have details yet, but as soon as I do I will let you know!  It's so exciting!



No comments:

Post a Comment