Friday, August 23, 2013

Kindergarten is here! I am sure, like me, you are excited and a little nervous about a new beginning!  Here are a few notes to help you navigate the classroom, the school and our routines. 

Schedule
  • Opening Bell rings at 7:55.  We will go in at 7:57.  
  • Lunch and Recess is from 11:25-12:20.
  • Closing Bell is 2:55.  Wednesday it is at 1:55.
  • If you arrive after 8:00 please go to the office for a tardy slip.  
  • If your child will be absent call the office.  Please let me know via email. 
  • Please stay with your child until the bell rings in the morning.  Please arrive promptly for dismissal.  Children get nervous when they see all their friends leave and they are still waiting for a familiar face.
Communication:
  • A red folder will go home EVERY DAY with a daily report.  Please talk with your child every day about this report.  Leave it in the folder during the week. You can remove it from the folder on Friday. 
  • I will update the blog weekly.  I will send you an email when it is updated.  If you prefer a hard copy, please let me know.  
  • For day to day communication- email is best.  You can reach me at bparkinson@op97.org
  • I will respond to your email within 24 hours.  It is hard for me to email during the day unless I have a planning period.  If you need to get a hold of me during the day please call the office. 708-524-3090
Health and Wellness
  • We will have a snack each morning.  I will provide it for the first 2 weeks.  After that (Or before if you prefer) you can send in a snack for your child.  It is a good idea to have it labeled so there is no confusion.  
  • If you want me to continue providing snack, I will ask for bulk snack donations throughout the year.  
  • PLEASE TALK WITH YOUR CHILD EACH MORNING ABOUT WHAT S/HE WILL HAVE FOR LUNCH THAT DAY.  
  • LUNCH CHOICES ARE: HOT LUNCH, HOME LUNCH, SALAD, SANDWICH.   IF YOUR CHILD HAS A HOME LUNCH, DO THEY NEED MILK?   
  • NO NUTS!  We have no allergies in our classroom, but it is best to be safe.
  • Plan on ordering a hot lunch once in the first two weeks when I will be in the cafeteria to help.
  • No edible birthday treats.  More on that on curriculum night. (September 12.)
  • I cannot give medicine.  Our school nurse, Ms. Jaime Strokosch will help you navigate medical forms.
Other Information
  • I am looking for lots of great parent volunteers throughout the week.  There will be opportunities to work with individual students, help with projects, and help with keeping the classroom.  Please consider signing up on curriculum night.
  • Homework will start in a few weeks.  It will go home on Monday and should be returned on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment